TIRE ROAD HAZARD POLICY
This Road Hazard Policy applies exclusively to select BLACKHAWK Radial Truck Tires (see list of models below). The BLACKHAWK Tire Road Hazard Policy applies to the first 50% of usable tread wear or six (6) months from date of purchase on invoice (whichever comes first). This Policy applies only to tires used in the intended application (i.e. highway steer tire used in an off road application does not qualify). Usable tread wear calculated based on original tread less 2/32” divided by 2. For example: original tread depth 28/32” less 2/32” equals 26/32”, 50% wear would be 26/32” divided by 2 or 13/32” of wear, therefore, road hazard coverage under this policy would be offered down to 15/32” of tread remaining. Reimbursement amount will be applied as a credit in the value of $100.00. The un-repairable tire must be replaced with a similar new BLACKHAWK tire at the original purchase price less $100.00 with original proof of purchase. Damaged tire(s) must be available for inspection at the servicing dealer in order to receive road hazard policy credit. Repairable tire(s) must always be repaired at the vehicle owner’s expense. A tire is considered repairable based on the Tread Rubber and Tire Repair Materials Manufacturers’ Group (TRMG) standards. Under all circumstances, the cost of mounting, balancing, service charges and/or disposal fees including applicable taxes are required to be paid by the vehicle owner. Eligible tires must have been purchased after January 1, 2019 as indicated by invoice date. This BLACKHAWK Tire Road Hazard Policy is subject to change without notice, Sailun Tire Americas reserves the right to terminate this program without notice.
BLACKHAWK Road Hazard Policy applies exclusively to the following sizes: 11R22.5, 295/75R22.5, 11R24.5, 285/75R24.5
- All BLACKHAWK Road Hazard Policy coverage is limited to the original purchaser and the original vehicle on which they are mounted. Road Hazard Policy is not assignable to subsequent purchasers or vehicles
- This Road Hazard Policy is valid in Canada. Any tire used or equipped on a vehicle registered or regularly operated outside Canada is not covered by this policy.
- The following is NOT covered by the Road Hazard Policy:
- Tire branded or marked “Non-Adjustable” (N/A) or “Blemished” (Blem), or previously adjusted.
- Failure, damage or irregular wear due to:
- Wreck or collision, stone drilling
- Fire, accident or vandalism;
- Mechanical condition of vehicle, including misalignment, wheel imbalance, faulty shocks or brakes;
- Misapplication of tire, use of improper inner tube;
- Alteration of the tire or addition of alien material or transfer from one vehicle to another;
- Faulty repairing procedures or materials used in the repairing process
- Tires run under-inflated or over-loaded
- Cost of mounting and balancing services.
- Loss of time or use, inconvenience, or any incidental or consequential damages.
- Tires operated at speeds that exceed posted limits, and tires used in racing or competition.
- Tires used in non-standard applications.
- Tires designed for highway use operated in off-road conditions.
- Tires that are improperly repaired including, but not limited to; sidewall modification by addition or removal of material, tubeless tires into which anything other than air has been introduced including foam, dry or liquid balancers and sealants.
- Tires subjected to vehicle suspension deficiencies, wheels mis-alignment, and/or improperly maintained balance of inflation.
- Tires with the Department of Transportation (DOT) number removed.
Download Road Hazard Policy